Yemeni forces launch three anti-ship ballistic missiles , US Says .

The yemeni forces from Yemen’s Ansar Allah movement have fired three anti-ship ballistic missiles in the direction of the Red Sea, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) reported.

“Between approximately 8:30 and 10:50 p.m. (Sanaa time) [3:30 and 5:30 a.m. GMT] on March 15,the Houthis fired three anti-ship ballistic missiles from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen toward the Red Sea,” the command said in a statement posted on its X page.

The US military added that there were no casualties or damage as a result of the latest attack by the Houthis

With the conflict in the Gaza Strip escalating, the Ansar Allah (Houthi) movement announced that it would conduct strikes on Israeli territory and block pro-Israeli vessels from passing through the waters of the Red Sea and the Bab el-Mandeb Strait until Tel Aviv ceases its military operation in the Palestinian enclave. The Houthis have attacked dozens of vessels in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden since mid-November of last year.

In response to Ansar Allah’s actions, US officials announced the formation of an international coalition and the preparation of Operation Prosperity Guardian to ensure freedom of navigation and protection of ships in the Red Sea.
On the night of January 12, US and UK forces launched strikes using aircraft, ships and submarines against Yemeni forces (Ansar Allah movement ) targets in a number of cities, including Sanaa and Hodeidah. The targets included missile sites, UAVs and the Houthis’ radar stations.

You might also like