Yemen News : Houthis Comment on the news of targeting an Internet cable in the Red Sea

The houthis forces confirmed on Tuesday its denial of reports carried by the media about its targeting of international maritime communications cables in the Red Sea.

The group’s communications ministry said in a Telegram statement that it stressed its “keenness to spare all telecommunications cables and services any risks”.

The group also stressed “keenness to provide the necessary facilities for the repair and maintenance of international submarine cables” provided that permits are obtained from Sanaa.

“Its decision to prevent Israeli ships from passing does not concern ships belonging to international companies licensed to carry out cable marine works in Yemeni waters,” it said.

Media reported that a submarine cable off the coast of Yemen linking Europe to India had been damaged, adding that the telecommunications company was working to arrange how to carry out underwater repairs in what is considered a war zone.

Scroll to Top