In Video: Thousands attend Friday prayers in New Zealand one week after mosque shooting

Thousands of people gathered in Christchurch’s Hagley park in New Zealand , just outside the Masjid Al Noor mosque for prayers and a moment of silence on Friday, marking one week since the Christchurch mosque attacks left 50 people dead.

The Muslim Call to Prayer was broadcast on national television at 1:30 p.m. local time, followed by two minutes of silence to remember those who lost their lives in the terrorist attack.

Speaking to mourners in the crowd, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said “New Zealand mourns with you.”
Quoting the Prophet Muhammad, she said: “The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion, and sympathy are just like one body. When any part of the body suffers, the whole body feels pain.”
“New Zealand mourns with you; we are one,” she said.
NewZealand Police announced on Thursday that all 50 bodies from the shootings had been identified. “This means that all victims are now able to be released to their families,” Police Commissioner Mike Bush said in a statement.

 

Read More : Tens of lives saved due to terrorist’s mistake at NewZealand mosque – reports