A sum of 185 trucks, carrying arms and ammunition, have been forwarded by the Turkish army to regions held by the Ankara-backed militants in Idlib and Hama provinces, the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) reported on Saturday.
SOHR said that a sum of 185 Trucks, carrying a large volume of weapons and munitions including missiles, were forwarded by the Turkish army via Kafr Lusin border-crossing to the regions that are under the control of the National Liberation Front in Idlib and Hama provinces.
SOHR Further said that the Turkish army has sent tens of convoys of arms and ammunition to Syria via Kafr Lusin border-crossing as the Syrian and Russian fighter jets were not carrying out combat flights over the region in the last few days.
In the meantime, the Lebanese al-Manar News Network reported on Friday that almost a hundred military vehicles of Turkish army crossed the border with Syria and entered Northern Idlib.
On Friday, Turkey sent convoys of troops to reinforce its presence in Syria’s province of Idlib, the only remaining terrorist stronghold in the country.
The reinforcements come despite Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar’s recent warnings against a military solution, Sputnik reported on Friday.
Akar said during a meeting with foreign ambassadors that a military operation would drag the region toward a humanitarian catastrophe, Anadolu News agency reported on Wednesday.
“We are working with Russia, Iran and other allies to bring peace and stability and to stop a humanitarian tragedy,” Akar said, according to Anadolu.
Haaretz cited activists of the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, who reported earlier this week that a convoy of Turkish forces entered the province from the Kfar Lusin crossing in northern Idlib and then moved to some of the 12 Turkish observation points scattered throughout the province border.
Another monitoring group, the Central Station for Turkish Intervention, shot a video of armored vehicles and tanks driving by an Idlib road.
Both groups claimed the convoy was headed to two different observation points. Ankara has not yet commented on the reports.