US guided-missile destroyer sets on move to Syrian coast — WSJ
At least one US guided-missile destroyer set off to the coast of Syria after President Trump stated about possible military response in the wake of the alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria’s Douma, the Wall Street Journal daily reported.
The daily did not specify the name of the warship and the starting point, from which the guided-missile destroyer set on the move toward the Syrian coast.
US President Trump said after his meeting with country’s military commanders that “a lot of options militarily” were on the table regarding the alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria’s Douma.
“We have a lot of options militarily, and we’ll be letting you know pretty soon,” Trump said on Monday. “We cannot allow atrocities like that. We’ll be making some major decisions over the next 24 to 48 hours.”
Some non-governmental organizations, including the White Helmets, earlier claimed that chemical weapons had been used in the town of Douma in Eastern Ghouta on April 7.
In a statement posted on its website on April 8, the White Helmets alleged that chlorine bombs were used during the town’s bombing, which killed dozens of people while others were taken to hospitals with the signs of poisoning.
Russia’s Foreign Ministry rejected the allegations as fabricated information while the Defense Ministry of Russia said the White Helmets was known for its fake news.
Despite this, US President Donald Trump who commented on Sunday on reports of the alleged use of chemical weapons in Syria’s E
astern Ghouta again blamed Russia and Iran for the support of Syrian President Bashar Assad.