Pentagon Claims US Missile Attack in Syria Hit Every Target
The Pentagon claims that the US goals in Syria have not changed — it’s the fight against the Daesh.
The spokesperson added that strikes were precise, overwhelming and effective. The US is confident that strikes significantly crippled Assad’s ability to produce chemical weapons, will set Syrian chemical weapons program back for years, according to Pentagon.
“As of now, we are not aware of any civilian casualties… Right now, we have no reporting of any civilian casualties against any of the targets that we struck, and we will continue to look at this closely as we go ahead,” US Joint Staff Director Lt. Gen. Kenneth McKenzie said during a press briefing.
McKenzie noted that the fact that Syria had shot 40 missiles into the air, and they fell down somewhere subsequently, should also be recognized as “a part of the equation.”
Read More : VIDEO: Syrian Air defenses Take Off Against Incoming Missile Before Loud Boom
The US has not seen any military response from actors in Syria after the airstrike, no indication that Russian defense systems were employed during the strike, Pentagon’s spokesperson said.
She added that no Syrian weapon had any effect on the US operation.
As the US Department of Defense has claimed, preliminary estimations suggested that the goal of the US operation in Syria had been achieved without major obstacles from Damascus.
Dana W. White said that the US was very confident about intelligence, evidence before strike on Syria.
Deconfliction channel with Russia operated routinely before and after strike on Syria, the spokesperson said.
According to Pentagon, operation in Syria was very successful, objectives met, mission accomplished.
Pentagon said that ” Syrian forces have lost a lot of equipment, material associated with chemical weapons ”
Read More: WATCH | Syrian air-defense Missiles hit some of U.S Missiles ” tomahawk ” in Damascus Sky
Earlier in the day, the United Kingdom, the United States and France launched strikes at Syria over reports of a chemical attack in the city of Douma. According to the Russian Defense Ministry, the three countries fired over 100 cruise as well as air-to-surface missiles.
Damascus has rejected all the allegations, noting that all chemical stockpiles were destroyed, which was confirmed by the OPCW. No evidence of Damascus’ involvement in the reported chemical incident was presented, with a probe due to start on April 14.
Unverified reports about an alleged chemical incident appeared in the social media, citing sources among militants, on April 7..