FSB chief notes terror attacks took 152,000 lives worldwide since 2014
Nearly 152,000 people all over the world have been killed in terrorist attacks since 2014, said FSB director Alexander Bortnikov during the Moscow Conference on International Security.
“Last year, the number of people killed or injured in terrorist attacks surpassed 32,000. Since 2014, after IS (terrorist organization outlawed in Russia – TASS) had reached its climax, the number of casualties nearly reached 152,000,” said Bortnikov.
He mentioned that there are more than 1,600 terrorist attacks occurring every year. “And in practically half of the cases, when the culprits take responsibility for an attack, it’s IS,” the FSB director added.
Delegations from 95 countries, including 30 defense ministers, 15 chiefs of general staff and deputy defense ministers, as well as 68 leading foreign experts are taking part in the Seventh Moscow Conference on International Security, which is running for two day, on April 4-5, in Moscow hosted by the Russian Ministry of Defense. One of the main issues to be covered during the conference will be the war on terror in Syria.